Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Prep Weekend

 This past weekend was pretty darn busy. I started decorating for Christmas and had some major sewing to finish. I made a duvet cover for a feather bed my German Grandmother had purchased for me many many years ago.  My grandmother died in 1957 but she had purchased a feather bed for me prior to her death ... of course I was only 5 years old at the time. The last time I was in Germany ( 2005) my Aunt gave it to me, she had been saving it for many years and remembered to give it to me.  Since our bedroom motif is Japanese, I had purchased Japanese style fabric the last time I was in Japan. Well, I finally finished the Duvet cover for the feather bed. It is so cozy and I now can think of my grandmother when I am warmed by those wonderful German goose feathers! Here are some pictures.














I also put up my Christmas Charles Dickens Christmas Houses by the fireplace.

No comments: