Monday, July 16, 2018

Gourmet Dinner at the Fearrington House Restaurant, Pittsboro, North Carolina

Anna and I went back to this restaurant after too long an absence.  We had a drink at the bar and of course Anna had to try their signature cocktail, El Cazador (the hunter).



The menu:


We shared a lovely amuse bouche of coconut cream on spoons.  Anna's bread choice was rye with chocolate nibs and braided French bread and I chose the corn muffin. Then Anna chose the poached chicken with morels, trout with a foam cloud, speck wrapped rabbit, and soufflée for dessert.  I had the same main course, rabbit - but I had fois gras, and quail first.  By the time it came to dessert (I, of course, had the chocolate tart) we couldn't wait to photograph the dishes - so they are half-eaten in the slide show below:

http://s204.photobucket.com/user/myronfeinstein/slideshow/Fearrington-July%202018

No comments: