Monday, April 12, 2010

Herb Garden

Alright... so here we are in April in NC and the weather is spectacular and my 3 bareroot roses I planted 2 weeks ago are sprouting and I think it is time to put in the herb garden.
I love herbs... fresh herbs in cooking is so much better than the dried variety. However, NC soil is virtually clay and a boxed raised garden is the way to go. I purchased a Ryobi circular saw with a laser guide...very cool, bought 3 6X6 common pine boards, some box nails and proceeded to build my box for the herb garden. I bought 6 cu feet of garden soil ( Myron and my father did the math), a bunch of herb starters and spent a few hours digging, cutting and planting. The pix tell the story.
BTW after that work, Myron said something about liking gladiolas so we purchased for a mere 9.95 a bag of 70 gladiola bulbs and proceeded to plant them! We were very ready for margaritas on the porch.
Enjoy the pix on the right in the Flash badge.
Love
Anna and Myron

No comments: