Sunday, November 8, 2009

Salt Lake City, Paul, Jeff and Oma





I flew out to Salt Lake City with my mother who is 81. We left on a Friday and returned on Monday. We wanted to fly out to visit with Paul and Jeff since Oma had not seen them since last October.... hence an adventure.
The flight from RDU was delayed and so we missed by minutes our connection in Dallas... it was very funny to watch my mother being wheeled in a wheelchair at supersonic speed, while I tried to keep up, down the terminal and onto the sky train to find we missed the plane by mere minutes.
Keeping my cool, I immediately went to an agent and booked seats on the next flight to SLC. ( 3 hours later). So we relaxed and had dinner.
We arrived in SLC at midnight instead of 8pm, found the computer was down at the rental car desk, waited another 30 minutes to get a car and drove to our hotel where Paul and Jeff were waiting. Oma, who ordinarily is in bed way before 9pm, is finding herself awake at 2am EDT with her grandsons. We went to bed at 1am Mountain time and slept till 8am. I was still zonked from my 5 day earlier flight from Japan as well as the intestinal issue I had.. My body had no idea what it was supposed to do.
But we had a wonderful weekend with terrific weather and enjoyed the boys, the views and the city. Enjoy our pix.
Anna

No comments: